Terms and Conditions
UNDER 18 POLICY
Please note that:
- Game of Thrones® is full of adult content and is rated 18+ in the UK and Ireland
- Our tours include walking treks, often over uneven surfaces, and
- We have swords and other props on the coach
Accordingly, we do not permit children under the age of 12 to do any of our tours. This is why there is no children’s ticket price. If you purchase a ticket for a young person between 12 and 18, we need a written waiver from a parent or guardian. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the Booking ID and young person’s age.
- Your Ticket(s)
1) Once full payment is made you will be automatically allocated a place/places on your chosen coach tour and a booking confirmation will be emailed to you. It will be marked PAID in green. This is your actual ticket and it has a Booking ID number (eg. ABCD-010116). You can either print this booking receipt or show this booking receipt to the guide on your smartphone screen.
2) We accept no responsibility for the incorrect inputting of an email address on our booking form. If your automatically generated ticket, marked PAID, does not arrive via email soon or at all, then please contact us via email, we can check the email address and resend the ticket(s).
3) Once you begin your tour, you are deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions outlined in this policy document.
4) It is the responsibility of you, the customer, to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of your booking confirmation email.
- Insurance & Liability
1) There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of your ticket.
2) We take no responsibility for any injuries or loss to you incurred whilst you are taking part in our treks, wearing our cloaks or handling out props. Liability in respect of the use of props (blunt swords etc) is restricted to photo shoot activities and will not involve any re-enactment scenes. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel.
3)We accept no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings at any time during your tour.
III. Postponement, Cancellation and Refunds Policy
1) Postponement or cancellation of your booking is done via email to Howl@GOTDirewolves.com
2) You are entitled to a full refund if you give us notification, via email, of your wish to cancel your tickets up to 24 hours before your tour begins.
3) Cancellation with a full refund is only possible up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. After this point, in accepting this policy document, you accept that you are not entitled to a refund under any circumstances whatsoever.
4) You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability) if you notified us via email up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. Postponement to specific dates is, of course, subject to the availability of places on your preferred date.
5) If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
6) If you are late for the coach in the morning, or if you miss the coach entirely because you are a no-show, you will be fully charged for the tickets that you purchased, as you have not given us at least 24 hours notice of your cancellation.
- Changes by us
1) We reserve the discretionary right to change our standard itineraries at any time. As professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable value.
2) We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of GOT Direwolves. This includes exceptionally dangerous weather conditions, outbreaks of contagious diseases, revolution, national or local strikes, political protests, social disorder or disruptive political unrest.
3) We are constantly striving to make our tours even more brilliant than they already are. Should new film locations or other attractions become open to us, and if we feel that these attractions will enhance your experience in keeping with the theme, then we reserve the right to include these in your best interests.
4) We reserve the right to decrease the price of our tours at any time.
5) We reserve the right to print and distribute amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
1) Whilst travelling on one of our coaches, you must obey the laws of the Republic of Ireland, the UK and the EU. Furthermore, we would ask you to show respect to the different traditions that exist in Northern Ireland, and also foreign exchange restrictions. If you do not, or will not do so, you may be asked to surrender your ticket, which may be cancelled without any refund.
2) Your appointed GOT Direwolves tourist guide may need to make a spontaneous decision in the interests of your safety. It is a condition of booking that you comply with the authority and decisions of our tourist guide in all matters of customer safety. If you do not comply with the requests of our tourist guide, or if your behaviour is not compatible with the general enjoyment, well being and safety of your fellow coach passengers, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case, we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. Conversely, we cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour, nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
3) It is your responsibility to meet your coach at specified points and times. Because of the nature of our service, GOT Direwolves will not be liable if any service leaves or arrives later than its specified time, even if, as a result, you miss a connecting service. GOT Direwolves will endeavour to ensure that departure and arrival times are met.
- Your Obligations and Responsibilities
1) It is your responsibility to inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
2) It is your responsibility to inform us of any specific dietary requirements you may have.
2) It is your responsibility to have all the necessary visas, passports, permits, certificates and changed currency required for your itinerary. Remember, the currency of the Republic of Ireland is the EUR (euro), whereas the currency of Northern Ireland is GBP (pound sterling). However, if you have a payment card (VISA, Mastercard, etc) you can use this to pay for lunch, without need of cash.
3) During your tour, your tourist guide, with your consent, may take photographs and films of you (as part of a group) and these may be posted on our website and/or brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
In the highly unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against GOT Direwolves, please inform the tourist guide that you intend to make a formal complaint. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, or during your trip, despite the tourist guide’s best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to GOT Direwolves Howl@GOTDirewolves.com as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday, but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. GOT Direwolves will not consider any claims after the elapsing of this 30-day notice period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
VIII. Weather Conditions
Under no circumstances do we accept responsibility for weather conditions. If you wish to postpone or cancel your ticket due to the weather forecast, you must give us at least 24 hours notice. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the delivery and implementation of our itinerary.
- No Smoking Policy
We do not permit smoking on any of our coaches.
We take great care with personal information that is provided to us online ensuring it is used only for stated purposes. We do not pass either your email address or personal details on to any third party.
1) We have taken all reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on this website, however it does not make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information within or accessible through the site. GOT Direwolves reserves the right at any time to revise, amend, alter or delete the information provided on this website.
2) These terms and conditions contain the entire contract between you and GOT Direwolves. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorized officer of GOT Direwolves.
3) This contract, and all matters arising out of it, is governed by the laws of the UK and Ireland. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter, which arises out of, or in connection with, this contract, or your tour, will, if need be, be dealt with by the courts of the UK or Ireland. Changes to these booking conditions will only be valid if agreed by GOT Direwolves in writing.
4) Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however Hand of the King Ltd cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.